Tuesday, August 26, 2008

im a ''proud'' malaysian

microbiology viva...

"good morning ma'am."

"good morning...where are u from?"

"ma'am, malaysia."

"originally from malaysia?"

"err no ma'am...my ancestors are from china..."

"ok...so tell me about the infectious diseases which are seen in malaysia.."

"..... errrr ..... ermmm.... tuberculosis?! err...not so common...but in rural places... (crap crap crap)"

"OK so tell be about tuberculosis!"


aaaahhhh!!!! so dead..
ok i know about tuberculosis...
but i dunno my country!!
n i have to serve my country in the future...
yeah i know this is bad....
i did think about knowing the epidemiological diseases in malaysia.... t
hought of finding out n read more after my exams...
but i didnt expect her to ask about it in my viva lah....
hope she doesnt know i gave the wrong answer lah...
but she's one smart associate professor...hmmm... is it possible that she doesnt know?
arghhh...
shame!! shame!!!

=(

4 comments:

ζ–ŒδΈ–ζ— εŒ said...

haha
i just did my case study on tb...
isoniazid? haha

Yit Yung said...

hmm.. let's see.. epidemiological diseases in malaysia... Japanese B Encephalitis virus... Nipah virus... Filariasis.. Dengue.. Malaria (still there or wat?)... hehe..
btw.. is tb still prevalent in malaysia? after the immunisation?
just a ponder of thoughts... la la la...

3R1N said...

yy: she wanted diseases caused by bacteria..i tembak only lah..duno how tat 'tb' slipped out..

~Live Life~ said...

Yeah...similar case happened to me when I am in the US...

Before I came here...I said that I wanna learn about the culture and lifestyle of the US...but what I realised when I am here is that...I don't even know about my country that well!!

What is the population of Malaysia?What is the size of Malaysia?

...