Sunday, October 05, 2008

The Making of 'Erin and her Cheongsam'

The hari raya open house is today.
On the invitation card, one of the events scheduled was ‘Best Dress’.
I guess everyone is attracted to this, especially the girls. Or should I say only the girls.
All planning of what traditional dress to wear, cracking their head, went shopping for material, hunting for tailors who are willing to make baju kebaya or baju kurung.

As for me, hmmm…
I’m not sure if I’m excited over the ‘Best Dress’ thing…i guess not... but I simply got excited, simply want to join the fun and dress up a little. Wanted to wear kebaya, but I left my saree material back home, so I din want to get another new material. Didn’t have baju kurung also.
So, my final decision is…. ‘Cheongsam’!

This is kind of a big thing for me…because I have to go on diet, in order to... errr... look better in the cheongsam…
(Must portray the beauty and elegance of this traditional dress of the Chinese culture maa… cannot bring disgrace to the ancient Chinese culture)
So, basically…all I need to do is to make sure that there’s no excessive unnecessary adipose spare tyre…But I only have 1 week’s time…Gosh!

I don’t remember when i started it. I didn’t really plan it out. And I know the way I ‘diet’ is really unhealthy.
I skip meals, but I still eat breakfast. (It’s a must) I eat lesser, I don’t go for non-veg, except for my lung-fung soup. I drink glucose to give me energy, not always though. (Not sure if that really helps.) No time for more exercise, so I force myself to do sit up. First day, 100 times… till my abdominal muscles ache, next day have to cut down…but still do about 20-30 times… and that goes on for the rest of they day.

But I didn’t diet till pengsan loh…thank god... still fit and energetic and conscious.
Had 1 episode of hyperacidity. I could feel some burning sensation in the stomach and oesophagus. Relfux? GERD? Immediately ran to café and ate something right after class. Damn scared. Sometimes experience postural giddiness/ hypotension. And that’s when I know I shouldn’t go on like this anymore.

Meanwhile, my evil friends sabotage my plan… keep tempting me with food… ask me to go dinner with them and make me be their DBKL like how I always do. Looking at the food, being their so-called growing child who requires adequate nutrition, always eating double the portion of what a guy eats.. haih… I gave in lah… but not during yesterday’s dinner! I can’t let my effort all this while go down the drain. I have to disclose something private and confidential here. My stomach has quite a big capacity. And each time after eating a proper meal, it will enlarge to the size of gravid ‘tummy’, like a pregnant woman, with a fundal height of 36 weeks. I’m not kidding!

Once in a while, I was thinking that should I just give up and wear a baju kurung, so that I can continue stuffing myself with the many many delicious foods that they are serving during the open house. In the end I thought I will stick to my plan, which will only end after this whole thing finishes. Meaning, I won’t be able to eat much later coz I can’t let my tummy bulge out and my cheongsam tear. (like those heroes in the cartoon, when they need to fight, the muscles will undergo hypertrophy in just one second and the clothes will be torn into pieces.)

Well well… I’m gonna get ready for the open house now. Of course, don’t expect an adipose-less hour glass figure. At least I manage to get rid of those spare tyre. This is for plain self satisfaction. And I’m not going to do it ever again in my entire life (maybe for my wedding I will, if I manage to.) It’s TORTURE for me, a pertumbuhan terbantut growing child not being able to eat u know…

Stay tuned…

4 comments:

Fred Chen JH said...

Wa~ I can see your sacrifice, hope it turns into satisfaction. Post some picts eh?

~Live Life~ said...

Who knows you win the Best Dress category? Good luck then...

Anyway, i think no matter how, you will still look great!

A lot of medical terminologies...haha...typical medic student!

staying tuned...

Yit Yung said...

haha.. the gravid tummy thing is kinda unbelievable... 36 weeks some more.. hehe.. but since u said the spare tyre was gone by the time u wore it.. i'm pretty curious to see how u look like in cheongsam.. hehe..

3R1N said...

well it wasn't completely gone...
it was just of a smaller size...

=S